RejectConf: Coders Kicking Arse
One of the highlights from RailsConf EU last week was RejectConf - even if it was a bit smaller than last year (going by what I’ve heard, anyway).
I reprised my So You’re A Kick-Arse Coder talk for it - since it was a rejected talk from the main event - and Geoffrey Grosenbach managed to get an audio recording, so I’ve put that together with the slides and onto Viddler. Keep in mind the following caveats:
- I’m pretty happy with this talk - but I realise I’m not that great a speaker. Imagine what I’d be like on a bad day ;)
- Geoff didn’t catch the very start of the talk, which went something along the lines of “Hi, my name’s Pat, and I’m Australian [Cheers from Audience] I want to start of with some flattery, because I want to get on your good side.”
- Geoff’s also the heckler about two-thirds of the way though.
Links to the sites I mention:
- Taproot Foundation
- Engineers Without Borders
- Peace Corps
- Australian Youth Ambassadors for Development
- Voluntary Service Overseas
XKCD Comics featured:
Photos used thanks to either permission or permissive licences: